Nacogdoches’ Alex Gregory Offered By ULM
Less than three weeks ago, Nacogdoches' Alex Gregory was still awaiting his first Division I scholarship opportunity. He's got options now.
The latest offer for Gregory (5-11, 175) came from ULM, the Dragons' 2016 receiver announced via Twitter on Saturday night.
Gregory was first offered by McNeese State on May 12, and was later followed by another offer FCS offer from SFA, before getting FBS offer No. 1 from Texas State early last week.
ULM, which also offered John Tyler 2016 offensive lineman Adrian Harris on Saturday, now has four invitations out to East Texas in the current cycle. The other two recipients are Newton athlete Gabe Foster and Frankston receiver Kendrick Rogers.
The Warhawks have been fairly active in the East Texas area of late, signing four players in 2014 — Chapel Hill’s Wesley Thompson and Shaquille Warren, and Palestine’s Ben Luckett and Brian Thlang — and two more this past February — Canton’s Chandler Eiland and Samuel Miller.
ULM competes in the Sun Belt Conference and are coached by Todd Berry. It was 4-8 overall and 3-5 in league play a season ago.
In addition to his exploits on the football field, where he finished third on the team in both receptions and yards as a junior, Gregory is also a standout in track. He was a regional qualifier in the 200 meter dash earlier this spring.
The Dragons' playmaker recently competed at the third annual ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine in Tyler, where he was among the top performers at his position.
He logged a laser-timed 4.52 40-yard dash, which was second among the 24 receivers who competed at the event and tied for third-fastest among the 113 total participants. Gregory also had strong numbers in the broad jump (114 inches) and vertical jump (34.3 inches).
Gregory and 2016 safety Brandon Jones -- East Texas' leader with 39 FBS offers -- should create a solid 1-2 punch on offense and defense for Nacogdoches as seniors this season.
The Dragons, who will be vying for a third consecutive playoff berth for the first time in school history in 2015, begin the season Aug. 28 at Kilgore.
Gregory, like all 2016 prospects, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Gabe Foster, RB/DB, Newton, 6-3, 180 — offers from Purdue, ULM (2)
- Ke’Mon Freeman, QB/ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 5-11, 188 – offers from Arkansas State, North Texas, SMU (3)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Alex Gregory, WR, Nacogdoches, 5-11, 175 —offers from Texas State, ULM (2)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offers from Baylor, Texas Tech (2)
- La’Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 — offer from ULL (1)
- Adrian Harris, OL, John Tyler, 6-2, 290 — offer from ULM (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Colorado State, Houston, Navy (5)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Denzel Mims, WR, Daingerfield, 6-4, 180 – offers from Arkansas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa (3)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Illinois, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, Texas State, ULL (5)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM (10)
- Micahh Smith, DB, Marshall, 5-11, 185 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 5-10, 180 — committed to Nebraska; additional offers from Colorado State, Kansas, Nevada, Texas State (5)
- Jeremy West, OL/DL, Chapel Hill, 6-2, 297 — offer from ULL (1)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB/S, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Army, Louisiana Tech, Navy (4)