Nacogdoches’ Jaylon Lane Picks Up Offer From Arkansas
The recruitment of Nacogdoches 2015 cornerback Jaylon Lane continued to heat up Tuesday night when the Dragons playmaker announced on Twitter he had received an offer from Arkansas.
Lane (6-2, 185) now has 26 Division I FBS offers, the most of any other East Texas recruit in the 2015 class. He now has offers from seven SEC programs -- Arkansas, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss and Texas A&M.
With Lane, Arkansas has four offers out to 2015 East Texas players. Also holding Razorbacks offers are Gilmer athlete Kris Boyd, Gladewater defensive tackle and Texas A&M commit Daylon Mack and Sulphur Springs safety and A&M pledge Larry Pryor.
Arkansas finished 2013 with a 3-9 overall record, and was 0-8 in the SEC. It was the second consecutive season the Razorbacks failed to qualify for a bowl game.
The last several weeks have been busy for Lane. After beginning the month of February with no offers, the prospect has exploded with a myriad of offers and is inching closer to 30 overall. He was also named the defensive backs MVP at the Rivals.com camp in Houston last month.
Lane, who transferred back to his native Nacogdoches after spending the last two seasons at Central High School in San Angelo, had a breakout junior season. He finished with five interceptions, 46 tackles and averaged almost 46 yards on five kickoff returns, one of which went 108 yards for a touchdown.
Nacogdoches could field one of East Texas' best secondaries this fall with Lane and teammate Brandon Jones (6-0, 190), a 2016 safety who already has 12 high-major offers. Jones' sophomore season included 95 tackles, five interceptions, one defensive touchdown and two special-teams returns for scores.
Currently, Lane and Jones share eight common offers -- Arizona State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Washington State.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – committed to Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- Jeff Gladney, ATH, New Boston, 6-0, 174 – offer from Northern Illinois (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Houston, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-11, 180 — committed to Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 185 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Boise State, Georgia State, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Texas State, Utah State, Wake Forest, Washington State (26)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Oklahoma State, ULL (4)
- Samuel Miller, TE/DE, Canton, 6-3, 220 – offer from UTSA (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Jackson Tyner, QB, Edgewood, 6-5, 220 – committed to Rice (1)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)