Oklahoma Offers Sulphur Springs’ Larry Pryor
Five days, four offers for Larry Pryor.
The Sulphur Springs 2015 standout received an offer from Oklahoma on Thursday. Pryor told former Sulphur Springs assistant coach D.J. Mann, who tweeted the offer news.
The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Pryor now holds six offers, putting him within one of Gladewater's Daylon Mack for the most among East Texas' class of 2015. Oklahoma State offered Pryor on Tuesday, while Arkansas and TCU offered Monday and Sunday, respectively.
Before this week, Pryor held offers from Texas and Texas Tech.
Pryor led Sulphur Springs in tackles with 118 in 2012. He's being recruited as an athlete and will play some quarterback for the Wildcats this fall, according to head coach Greg Owens. He also had one interception, two forced fumbles, and 10 pass breakups as a sophomore.
Troup quarterback Blake Lynch became the seventh East Texas in the 2015 class to receive an offer when Mississippi State offered him Wednesday evening.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- KeyVantanie "KeKe" Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 170 -- offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-3, 196 -- offer from Texas Tech (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 184 -- offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 -- offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 297 -- offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 -- offer from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (6)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 187 -- committed to TCU (1)