Oklahoma Offers Whitehouse’s Justin Dunning
The fourth offer arrived Saturday for Whitehouse's Justin Dunning.
The rangy safety got an offer from Oklahoma during a Sooners' camp Saturday afternoon in Carrollton. Oklahoma is the fourth Big 12 Conference school to extend a scholarship offer to Dunning, who announced it on Twitter.
Baylor, Texas, and Texas Tech have also offered Dunning, who accumulated 61 tackles, five interceptions, three fumble recoveries, and five pass breakups in 2012, helping the Wildcats to a 10-2 record and Class 4A Division II Region II second-round playoff appearance. Dunning was selected to the ETSN.fm Football Super Team Second Team for his performance.
Dunning measured 6-foot-5 1/2, 200 pounds in shoes at the May 19 ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine at APEC training facility, where he won the defensive backs MVP after running a laser-timed 4.41-second 40-yard dash and registered the event's best vertical jump (40.4 inches) of the 100 participants.
Dunning has been invited to the Rivals 250 Underclassmen Challenge, which is July 7 at DeSoto High School. The event features many of the top junior, sophomore, and freshmen football prospects in the country.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Key'Vantanie "KeKe" Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 -- offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 -- offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- Ja'Mycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 -- offer from Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 -- offer from Baylor, Mississippi State (2)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 310 -- offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 -- offer from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 185 -- committed to TCU (1)