Oklahoma State Offers Mineola Twin Tackles Austin + Riley Anderson
It was a busy weekend for Mineola's offensive tackles Austin and Riley Anderson. The duo visited Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Oklahoma.
But Oklahoma State was not going to be left out of the regional struggle. The twins announced Monday they received offers from the Cowboys program.
Both players now have 19 college football opportunities, and they share every single offer from the 19 schools that have reached out to them.
There are plenty of opportunities for right tackle Austin Anderson (6-4, 289) and left tackle Riley Anderson (6-5, 287) to play together on the next level. However, the two players have said they will make their final decisions independent of each other.
Oklahoma State is the fourth Big 12 member to reach out to the Andersons. It joins Kansas State, TCU and Texas Tech.
The Cowboys have made waves in their league in recent years. It won the 2011 conference championship and came within a game of the title in 2013.
Last season was decent as well. Oklahoma State finished the year 7-6 but finished the year on a high note with an overtime win against arch-rival Oklahoma and a win against Washington in the TicketCity Cactus Bowl.
Mike Gundy is entering his 11th season as the head coach of the program and has spent the majority of his career in Stillwater, Okla. He also was the starting quarterback for the Cowboys in the late 1980s, constituting an offensive backfield with Barry Sanders.
The Andersons hold the second-most college football opportunities in the East Texas region. They trail only Nacogodches safety Brandon Jones' 36 offers.
The twins will return to Mineola for their senior campaign before becoming eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
Mineola reached the Class 3A Division I championship game last season. It returns all of its offensive backfield, key pieces of a strong secondary and the majority of its offensive line aside from the brothers.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Michigan, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (19)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Michigan, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (19)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (36)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (3)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 -- offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offer from North Texas, SMU (2)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offer from Kansas (1)