Oklahoma State Offers Nacogdoches DB + Ole Miss Pledge Jaylon Lane
The recruitment of Nacogdoches 2015 cornerback Jaylon Lane hasn’t slowed down since his commitment to Ole Miss last Friday. He’s picked up two offers since, the latest coming from Oklahoma State on Tuesday afternoon.
Lane (6-2, 175), who was offered by Houston on Sunday, has now received all five offers — Ole Miss, Houston, Oklahoma State, Louisiana Tech and South Alabama — in the last three weeks.
Oklahoma State offered Lane’s teammate — 2016 safety Brandon Jones — on Sunday, and have seven offers out to East Texas prospects in the 2015 and 2016 classes.
The Cowboys have also offered the following 2015 recruits from the area: Whitehouse safety and Texas A&M commit Justin Dunning, Longview running back JaMycal Hasty, Troup quarterback/athlete and Baylor pledge Blake Lynch, Gladewater defensive tackle and A&M commit Daylon Mack and Sulphur Springs safety Larry Pryor — also a pledge to the Aggies.
Lane, who won the defensive backs MVP award at the Rivals.com camp in Houston over the weekend, is now the eighth 2015 recruit from the region with at least five Division I FBS offers.
Jones and Lane, who recently transferred in from San Angelo Central after beginning his high school career in Nacogdoches, figure to give the Dragons one of the top secondaries in all of East Texas this fall. Lane had five interceptions, including two pick-sixes, and made 46 tackles as a junior in San Angelo. Jones, meanwhile, recorded 95 tackles with five interceptions and one defensive score during a breakout sophomore season.
The two could also wreak havoc on special teams. Lane averaged almost 46 yards on five kickoff returns with a 108-yard return for a touchdown in 2013, while Jones returned two punts for touchdowns last season.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-10, 175 — offer from Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 175 — committed to Ole Miss; additional offers from Houston, Louisiana Tech, Oklahoma State, South Alabama (5)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offer from Houston (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)