Oregon Ducks Give Gladewater Junior Defensive Tackle Daylon Mack His 15th Offer
The most sought-after recruit in East Texas’ 2015 class saw his offer list increase Monday night to 15.
Gladewater’s Daylon Mack told ETSN.fm via text at 10:03 p.m. Monday that the Oregon Ducks had just offered him.
Oregon joins a slew of big-name programs on Mack’s growing offer list: Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech.
— THEE MACK TRUCK (@DaylonMack) September 24, 2013
The 6-foot-1, 311-pounder is widely considered by national recruiting networks as the top recruit in East Texas’ 2015 class. While Mack has multiple offers from schools in the ACC, SEC, and Big 12, Oregon is his first Pac-12 offer.
Mack, who has frequently stated his affinity for LSU and Texas A&M, has started the 2013 season strong. In Gladewater’s first four games, he has 25 tackles and ranks among East Texas’ leaders in tackles for loss with nine. His safety in the final half minute of Gladewater’s season opener against Daingerfield lifted the Bears to a 16-14 home win.
Mack burst onto the recruiting scene as a sophomore, when he finished with 62 tackles, 16 for loss, six sacks, and six fumble recoveries. ETSN.fm named him to the postseason East Texas Super Team and selected him as the Defensive Newcomer of the Year.
Mack is rated as high as 10th overall nationally by ESPN.com among 2015 recruits. 247Sports.com rates Mack as the No. 2 overall recruit in Texas and the No. 4 defensive tackle in the nation in the junior class, while Scout.com rates Mack as the nation’s No. 2 defensive tackle in that class. 247Sports.com, Scout.com, and ESPN.com all consider Mack a five-star prospect, while Rivals.com rates him as a high four-star recruit.
Mack is the first 2015 East Texan to receive an Oregon offer. The Ducks have offered another East Texas defensive tackle, though: Longview senior Zaycoven Henderson.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 — offers from Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — offers from Baylor, Florida State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, Houston, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (6)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — offers from Clemson, Baylor, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (15)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offer from Houston (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)