Oregon Offers Nacogdoches’ Brandon Jones
Another one of the nation's premier programs has entered the sweepstakes for Nacogdoches star 2016 safety Brandon Jones, as Oregon gave the Dragons' standout his East Texas-leading 37th Division I FBS offer.
Jones (6-0, 190) tweeted of the Oregon offer early Tuesday evening.
Ever since bursting onto the scene as a sophomore, Jones has been the focus of some of the best college football programs in the country. Of his 37 offers, 32 of them are from the Power 5 conferences -- ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, and SEC.
So far, Jones is the only East Texan in the 2016 recruiting class to pick up an offer from Oregon. He also holds Pac-12 offers from Arizona State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, and Washington State.
Oregon has become one of college football's most successful programs of late. The Ducks are 80-14 since 2008, and have played for national championships in 2010 and 2014.
Jones is widely regarded as the region's top prospect in 2016. Scout.com ranks Jones as the country's top safety and the 39th overall recruit.
A knee injury cost Jones six of the Dragons' 11 games in 2014. He finished his junior season with 30 tackles and two forced fumbles, including 18 tackles and one caused fumble after returning from the injury. He had a stellar sophomore campaign featuring 90 tackles, five interceptions and three defensive touchdowns.
Jones will be the only returning player in Nacogdoches’ defensive backfield in 2015. He will try to get the Dragons into the playoffs for the third consecutive year.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Michigan, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (19)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Michigan, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (19)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (37)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas, SMU (3)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offer from Kansas (1)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)