[By Nathan Wright, Special to ETSN.fm]

WHITEHOUSE -- Normangee topped Overton, 30-24, in overtime of Friday's Class 2A Division II bi-district playoff game at Wildcat Stadium in Whitehouse.

Colton Jones scored for Normangee in extra time on a one-yard dive, but the team's two point conversion pass attempt failed and left the door open for Overton.

The Mustangs could not take advantage of the opened door. Their season ended with a dropped fourth down pass in the end zone.

The Panthers' comeback was complete.

It was all Mustangs early on as Overton took the opening kickoff, used over eight minutes off the clock and went 74 yards in 15 plays for the score. A fourth-and-nine conversion on a screen pass from Brayton Pierce to Joe Clark opened scoring. Julian Herndon ran for a two-point conversion for an 8-0 lead.

After the Panthers (7-4) went three-and-out, the Mustangs (4-7) struck again with Tanner Lee going over from three yards out. That score capped a nine-play, 80-yard. Pierce completed a two-point conversion pass to Daniel Gomez

Overton seemed to sitting pretty for a game next week.

But Normangee made it a contest as Bryson Cornish went 50 for a score later in the frame. With the Colton Jones two-point run, the Mustangs' lead was cut in half.

The Panthers took the ball to start the second half and went 50 yards in seven plays to tie the score. Another two-point score tied the game.

The Mustangs pulled ahead once again with Kameron Hawkins going in from in close distance to complete a 72-yard drive. Pierce's pass to Tanner Lee was good for two and the Mustangs re-opened a 24-16 lead.

Facing a fourth and a yard in Panther territory, the Mustangs came up short in a drive that could have clinched the game. Normangee took over on downs and went 79 yards in only six plays with Austin Aquirre going over from a yard out.

Jones then tied the game a second time on a conversion run.

Normangee will play Lindsay next week at a time, specific date and location to be coordinated between the two schools.