Palestine Offensive Lineman Brian Thlang Commits to ULM
Palestine’s talented 2014 football class has its first commitment.
Offensive lineman Brian Thlang committed to Louisiana-Monroe on Wednesday.
“I was thinking about committing at the end of the summer, but when I went to the Monroe camp the coaches came off a lot like the coaches I have in Palestine,” said the 6-foot-2, 290-pounder. “The atmosphere was business-oriented and I like that. They really got in-depth in their coaching. That’s what I really liked about it.”
Thlang, who said his commitment is “very solid,” plays left tackle for Palestine, but said the Warhawks have recruited as “probably center, possibly guard.”
Thlang is one of numerous ULM targets in East Texas.
The Warhawks have offered the following East Texans in the 2014 class:
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches
- Terian “Tee” Goree, WR, Carthage
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine
- O’keeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens
- Kevin Shorter, ATH, Newton
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart
Thlang joins Luckett and Owens as key players for the Wildcats in the upcoming 2013 season. Luckett ran for more than 400 yards, while Owens — who was limited to a few games at running back because of an injury — scored eight touchdowns as the Wildcats finished 7-4 with a Class 3A Division I Region III first-round playoff appearance. Palestine lost 30-27 to Carthage after trailing by three scores.
Thlang said the Wildcats have high expectations for 2013, especially along the offensive line.
“I think the offensive line is gonna be the best that there’s been in Palestine under coach (Lance) Angel,” Thlang said.
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 — offer from SMU (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 — offer from Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Oregon State, ULM (4)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 — offers from Houston, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (7)
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 — offers from Air Force, Texas State (2)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offer from SMU, Texas State (2)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Adrian Goodacre, OL, Carthage, 6-4, 310 — offer from ULL (1)
- Tee Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 168 — offer from Louisiana Tech, Memphis, ULL, ULM (4)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 287 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Texas Tech (7)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 — offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 — committed to SMU (1)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas, Texas Tech (6)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 238 — offer from TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, ULM (4)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 210 — offer from Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 205 — offer from SMU (1)
- Okeeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-5, 181 — offer from ULM (1)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 – offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (22)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 — committed ULM (1)
- Justin Twine, ATH, Hemphill, 5-10, 195 — committed to TCU for baseball; additional football offer from Baylor (1)
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 — offers from Miami, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma (4)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 — offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, ULM (3)