Purdue + Arizona State Give John Tyler’s Isaac Warren His First FBS Offers
[UPDATED: 10:00 p.m. CDT]
It probably shouldn’t have taken this long, but John Tyler 2015 cornerback Isaac Warren is finally the owner of a Division I FBS offer. In fact, he has two of them.
Warren (6-1, 189), whose reputation across the area as one of the most physical at his position, announced an offer from Purdue from via Twitter on Monday morning and later tweeted news of an offer from Arizona State on Monday night.
The offers triggered Warren to decommit from Sam Houston State where he had been committed since late May.
It was at Texas’ Under the Lights Camp in Austin on July 18 when Warren began to show others what he’d been doing all along — successfully jam receivers at the line, provide step-for-step one-on-one coverage and make plays on the ball. It became obvious to everyone in attendance that Warren was more than just an FCS-caliber talent.
Warren also had a productive showing at the second annual ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine on June 1 in Tyler. He ran a laser-timed 4.56 40-yard dash, put up 12 bench press reps of 185 pounds and had a vertical jump of 36.1 inches. His testing performance along with his one-on-one prowess helped Warren take home defensive back MVP honors.
The Lions’ star is not the first East Texan in the 2015 class with a Boilermakers offer. Purdue has also extended an invitation to Nacogdoches corner and Oklahoma State commit Jaylon Lane.
Purdue, which is located in West Lafayette, Ind., is currently in a rebuilding phase under second-year Darrell Hazell. The Boilers were 1-11 and 0-8 in the Big Ten Conference last season.
The Boilermakers also have expressed interest in Bullard Brook Hill 2016 receiver Seth Brasher, who has yet to receive an FBS offer.
Arizona State has extended three offers to East Texas recruits in the 2015 class. Warren is joined by Lane and Whitehouse safety and Texas A&M commit Justin Dunning.
The Sun Devils, who compete in the Pac-12, went 10-4 overall and 8-1 in league play last season. Arizona State ended the year with a loss to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl.
Warren is part of strong returning nucleus for John Tyler this season. The Lions were just 7-4 in 2013, its first year with less than 10 wins since 2008, but bring back the majority of their starters.
John Tyler, which will face Plano, Longview and Tyler Lee in non-district, will be matched up with Corsicana, Ennis, Jacksonville, Lindale, Lufkin, Nacogdoches and Whitehouse in the new District 16-5A.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Jarion Anderson, WR, Texas High, 5-11, 165 – offer from Tulsa (1)
- Rodney Bendy, WR, John Tyler, 6-4, 180 – committed to North Texas; additional offer from ULM (2)
- William Brown, DL, Texas High, 6-3, 259 – offers from Arkansas State, Texas State (2)
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (14)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — committed to North Texas; additional offer from Louisiana Tech (2)
- Nick Cain, ATH, John Tyler, 5-10, 165 — offer from ULM (1)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Louisville, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Tulsa (5)
- Justin Dunning, S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – committed to Louisiana Tech (1)
- Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton, 6-0, 178 – committed to ULM (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (10)
- Jeff Gladney, ATH, New Boston, 6-0, 174 – committed to TCU; additional offers from North Texas, Northern Illinois, Rice, Texas State, Tulsa, UTSA (7)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Houston, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Tyrone Hunt, DE, Arp, 6-4, 230 – offer from UTSA (1)
- Marcalas Johnson, Arp, 5-10, 181 – offer from Colorado State (1)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 6-0, 177 — committed to Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 185 — committed to Oklahoma State; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Boise State, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia State, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, South Alabama, Syracuse, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULL, Utah State, Wake Forest, Washington State (38)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — committed to Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State, ULL (6)
- Samuel Miller, DE, Canton, 6-3, 220 – committed to North Texas; additional offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Kansas State, Memphis, Nevada, Oregon State, Texas State, ULM, UTEP, UTSA (11)
- Chett Munden, OL, Marshall, 6-6, 303 — offers from North Texas, ULM (2)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Kyshaun Smith, S/LB, Tatum, 6-2, 178 — offers from Houston, Memphis, Texas State (3)
- Chris Spikes, WR, Jasper, 6-3, 175 — offer from Houston (1)
- Javon Thomas, RB, Texas High, 6-3, 211 – committed to Tulsa; additional offers from Navy, New Mexico, Rice, Toledo, ULM (6)
- Jackson Tyner, QB, Edgewood, 6-5, 220 – committed to Rice (1)
- Isaac Warren, DB, John Tyler, 6-1, 189 — offers from Arizona State, Purdue (2)
- Broderick Washington, OL, Longview, 6-3, 285 — offer from Arkansas State, Houston, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico, North Texas, ULL, UTSA (7)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-6, 274 — offer from SMU (1)