San Diego State is the Ninth School to Offer Carthage’s Terian “Tee” Goree
Two days after receiving his first BCS conference offer from Colorado, Carthage's Terian "Tee" Goree received overall offer No. 9.
The playmaking receiver tweeted that San Diego State offered him, giving the 6-foot-2, 170-pounder two offers in about 48 hours.
Goree's offer list is now as follows:
Goree enters Friday night's home game against Center leading East Texas in all three receiving categories: receptions (45), yards (926), and touchdowns (17).
Goree is one touchdown catch behind Jalen Claiborne's single-season school record of 18, which Claiborne, now at Wyoming, set during Carthage's 2010 Class 3A Division II state championship campaign, the Bulldogs' third in a row. Goree also caught 17 touchdowns during his 66-catch, 1,271-yard junior year in 2012, when Carthage reached the 3A Division I state semifinals.
Goree is the third East Texan in the 2014 class to receive a San Diego State offer. The other two with Aztec offers are committed to Texas: Longview receiver Dorian Leonard and Newton running back/athlete Kevin Shorter.
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 -- offer from SMU (1)
- Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage, 6-1, 175 -- committed to UTSA (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 -- committed to Kansas; additional offers from Louisiana Tech, Oregon State, ULM (4)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Arizona, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 -- offers from Houston, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Missouri, New Mexico State, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (9)
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 -- committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Air Force, Texas State (3)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offers from SMU, Texas State (2); additional offer from Old Dominion (FCS)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Devondrick Dixon, ATH, Gilmer, 5-9, 180 -- committed to Texas State (1)
- Adrian Goodacre, OL, Carthage, 6-4, 310 -- committed to ULL; additional offer from Houston (2)
- Terian "Tee" Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 170 -- offers from Colorado, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, North Texas, San Diego State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (9)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 293 — offers from Baylor, Florida, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, South Carolina, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, Washington, Washington State (18)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 -- offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 -- committed to SMU (1)
- Jawuan Johnson, DB, New Boston, 6-0, 195 -- committed to Northern Illinois (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas; offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas Tech (6)
- Reggie Long, LB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 218 -- offers from Army, New Mexico State (2)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Stephan Maxey, DB, Longview, 5-11, 185 -- offer from UTSA (1)
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 230 -- committed to TCU; additional offers from Texas State, Texas Tech, ULM (4)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 200 -- committed to Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 210 -- committed to SMU (1)
- O'Keeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-5, 181 -- offer from North Texas, ULM (2)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (22)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 -- committed ULM (1); FCS offer from Sam Houston State
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 -- offers from Houston, Miami, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma (5)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 -- offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, Texas State, ULM (4)