Several East Texans Plan to Attend Saturday’s Texas Tech Spring Football Game
A strong group of East Texas football players are westbound this weekend for Texas Tech's spring game.
So far, ETSN.fm has learned of a half dozen athletes who plan to attend the game in Lubbock. Texas Tech has made a big push recruiting East Texas lately, particularly with 2014 prospects such as Mount Pleasant receiver K.D. Cannon and Whitehouse quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who appears to be one of the Red Raiders' top targets.
Cannon and Mahomes each hold a Texas Tech offer. Other East Texans with Texas Tech offers include ...
- Jasper C Terrell Cuney (committed to Texas)
- Liberty-Eylau WR/S Davion Hall (committed to Baylor)
- Longview DT Zaycoven Henderson (committed to TCU)
- Longview WR Dorian Leonard (five offers)
- Newton ATH Kevin Shorter (22 offers)
- Gilmer LB Josh Walker (committed to Texas A&M)
Mahomes is choosing to head to Lubbock over spring game invitations from LSU and Oklahoma State. Earlier this week, the 6-foot-3, 200-pounder received an offer from Houston, his third for football. The Cougars, Tech, and Rice join his baseball offers from Arizona, Arkansas, and Houston.
Cannon's 18 offers are second in East Texas to Newton's Kevin Shorter.
East Texans Planning to Attend
Saturday's Texas Tech Spring Game
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 (18 offers)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 200 (3 football, 3 baseball offers)
- Travaughn Moore, OL/DL, Texas Tech, 6-3, 291
- Justin Dunning, S, Whitehouse, 6-3, 196
- Blake Lynch, QB, Troup, 6-3, 198
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 (offered by Texas)