Sulphur Springs’ Larry Pryor the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
Sulphur Springs junior quarterback Larry Pryor is enjoying quite a debut season on offense after starring on the defensive side of the ball last year.
The Wildcats' signal-caller continued his solid season by totaling 490 yards and accounting for seven touchdowns in a 56-28 victory over Pine Tree last Friday. And for his efforts, Pryor is the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week.
Pryor completed 14 of 24 passes for 313 yards and five touchdowns, and rushed 16 times for 177 yards and two scores. His touchdown passes covered 52, 54, 52, 8 and 61 yards, while his scoring runs came from 52 and 15 yards out.
For the season, the Sulphur Springs standout has completed 140 of 222 passes for 2,126 yards with 20 touchdowns and five interceptions. He's also second on the team in rushing with 769 yards and nine touchdowns.
Pryor (6-1, 185) is one of the region's most sought-after recruits in the 2016 class as a safety. He has FBS offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas and Texas Tech.
Sulphur Springs (6-3, 3-1 in District 14-4A) closes out the regular season Friday night at home against Marshall.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen 2013 Offensive Players of the Week
- Week 9 -- Larry Pryor, QB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 8 -- Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton
- Week 7 -- JaMikel Roberts, QB, San Augustine
- Week 6 -- Willy Ivery, RB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 5 -- James Reese, RB, Gladewater
- Week 4 -- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse
- Week 3 -- Andrew Black, QB, Chapel Hill
- Week 2 -- Cullen Grubbs, QB, Mount Pleasant
- Week 1 -- Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage
- Zero Week -- Dalvin Manns, QB, Pine Tree