[By Johnny Green, Special to ETSN.fm]

SULPHUR SPRINGS—Texas High unveiled a new offense in its District 14-4A game with Sulphur Springs on Friday at Gerald Prim Stadium, but the Tigers' Wildcat Formation was shelved when their No. 1 wildcat was forced out of the second half with an ankle injury.

Without Tre Walker, the only Wildcats with any success in the second half were of the Sulphur Springs variety,  and there was plenty of it by the hometown 'Cats, who roared to a 45-25 victory over Texas High.

The win was the second straight in district play for Sulphur Springs, which improved to 5-2 overall. Texas High fell to 1-1 and 2-4.

Walker was injured at the end of a 16-yard pass reception from Clete Norton with only a few seconds left in the opening quarter. He was knocked out of bounds at the Sulphur Springs 24 and helped from the field, and the Tigers had time for only one more play and a 39-yard field goal attempt that came up short, leaving Texas High trailing 25-19 at halftime.

The second of three field goals by Tony Bravo made it a nine-point lead, but Jonathan  Hunt recovered a fumble in the end zone to pull the Tigers within 28-25. It was the second fumble recovery for a touchdown by the Tigers in the game, the first by Nick Christian giving Texas High and early 7-0 lead.

But the running of Buddy Ivery (27 carries, 187 yards, two touchdowns) and a passing game that produced 209 yards were too much for the Tigers, who could muster only 185 yards total offense.

Two third-quarter touchdowns, the first on a 32-yard pass from Brad Macek to Cole Hill and a 15-yard keeper by Macek put the game  out of reach, and Bravo's  third  touchdown was the only score of the final period.

Walker ripped off two long runs from the Wildcat Formation to give Texas High a 13-7 lead,  then Norton sneaked in from the one to  make it 19-18 THS with 4:34 left in the half.

But Sulphur Springs responded with an 85-yard drive in just four plays, capped by Macek's 50-yard TD pass to Colton Wise to make it 25-19 at halftime.