West Rusk - Page 3
Bishop Gorman's 2015 Macy Chenevert Patriot Holiday Classic, featuring 14 East Texas basketball teams and two private school teams from the Dallas area, begins Tuesday and runs through Thursday in Tyler
The 2015 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 3A all-state high school football team, released Monday. Voting based on regular-season performance. Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.
Great East Texas Shootout
- Game 15 -- Martin's Mill 59, Pine Tree 49
- Game 16 -- Van Alstyne 69, Arp 55
- Game 17 -- Athens 85, Gladewater 70
- Game 18 -- Pittsburg 75, Spring Hill 57
- Game 19 -- Palestine 63, West Rusk 33
- Game 20 -- Martin's Mill 70, Tyler Grace 52
- Game 21 -- Royse City 72, Cross Roads 35
- Game 22 -- Mexia 77, Van 54
- Game 23 -- Arp 88, Gladewater 68
- Game 24 -- Pine Tree 50, Spring Hill 45
- Game 25 -- Van Alstyne 67, Winona 51
- Game 26 -- Pittsburg 58, Nevada Community 47
- Game 27 -- West Rusk 49, Bullard 43
- Game 28 -- Brownsboro 57, Kemp 52
- Game 29 -- Martin's Mill vs
LONGVIEW -- Per usual, Waskom running back Chan Amie spearheaded his team's winning effort in the Class 3A Division II, Region II championship game Friday at Longview's Lobo Stadium. He had 124 yards and two touchdowns on his first three carries and finished with 201 rushing yards on just 11 attempts.
But Wildcats fans got to learn a lot more about their team in its 57-28 win against district foe West Rusk ahead of a state semifinals appearance versus Idalou, a Lubbock area team, next week in Mineral Wells.
West Rusk once led 22-8 in the first quarter.
LONGVIEW – It’s been a total team effort all year for West Rusk Raiders, and that theme was prevalent once again as the Raiders rolled past Paul Pewitt, 31-12, in a Class 3A Division II Region II semifinal at Lobo Stadium on Thanksgiving night.
Nick Ballard scored two touchdowns and West Rusk won the battle of 10-1 teams against Howe, 31-14, on Friday night.
LONGVIEW -- Dee Starling didn’t throw an incomplete pass Thursday night at Lobo Stadium, and the West Rusk defense forced four turnovers, as the Raiders coasted to a 35-7 victory over Hughes Springs in a Class 3A Division II bi-district playoff.
Starling was razor-sharp, completing all nine of his passes for 211 yards and four touchdowns to lead the way for the Raiders (10-1).