TCU Becomes First School to Offer Center’s Johnny Shaw
One of the top prospects in East Texas’ 2015 class received his first offer Friday evening.
Center head football coach Kevin Goodwin told ETSN.fm that safety Johnny Shaw picked up an offer from TCU.
Shaw had a strong sophomore season for the Roughriders, who finished 8-3 with a Class 3A Division II Region III first-round playoff appearance. The 6-foot-1, 187-pounder had 88 tackles, five interceptions, two forced fumbles, and three fumble recoveries.
Shaw was third on the team in tackles and first in picks. He joins 2014 linebacker Kiounis Williams, who led Center with 130 tackles, as key cogs Goodwin has back for the 2013 season.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- KeyVantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 170 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-3, 196 — offer from Texas Tech (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 184 — offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 297 — offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offer from TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (3)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 187 — offer from TCU (1)