TCU Offers Mineola’s Austin + Riley Anderson
The offers continue to flood in for Mineola twin offensive linemen Austin and Riley Anderson. The 2016 duo tweeted that they had picked up offers from TCU on Tuesday evening, the 13th apiece for the Yellowjackets' big men.
The Mineola siblings each attended TCU's junior day event last weekend, and are reportedly visiting Texas this weekend. They each visited Baylor earlier this month.
All 13 Division I FBS offers for the Anderson have come since Feb. 3. Austin Anderson (6-4, 289) and Riley Anderson (6-5, 287) have each been offered by the same schools.
However, they told ETSN.fm a couple of weeks ago that they are not necessarily a packaged deal.
“We’ve talked about it and I’m going to make my own decision,” Austin Anderson said. “Riley is going to do the same. If it happens to be the same place, that’s awesome. But if not, we’ll just move on with our lives and do it that way.”
The Andersons have offers from three of the Power Five conferences -- Big 12, SEC and Big Ten. The only East Texas recruit in the 2016 class to have offers from all five leagues is Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones, who holds an area-best 34 scholarship offers.
TCU shared the Big 12 championship with Baylor in 2014, and defeated Ole Miss handily in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on Dec. 31. The Horned Frogs, who return Heisman Trophy candidate Trevone Boykin at quarterback along with several other impact performers, are considered an early national title contender in 2015.
The Andersons were instrumental in paving the way for a group of exclusively underclassmen runners for Mineola in 2014. They helped a run-dependent Yellowjackets offense amass 4,465 rushing yards and 53 touchdowns in a 16-game season culminating with a Class 3A Division I state championship game appearance.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa (13)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa (13)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, USC, Washington State (34)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, 6-3, 202 – offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offer from North Texas, SMU (2)