TCU Offers Palestine’s Jarrell Owens
The fourth offer arrived Tuesday afternoon for Palestine’s Jarrell Owens.
The Palestine coaching staff informed ETSN.fm that TCU offered Owens, a 6-foot-3, 238-pound prospect in the 2014 class.
Owens now holds offers from TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, and ULM.
A nagging injury limited Owens in 2012, when he primarily played running back and ran for 283 yards and eight touchdowns on 60 carries. Owens has been recruited on both sides of the ball, but his likely college destination is linebacker or defensive end.
Owens is 1 of 3 Palestine players in the 2014 class with at least one offer entering the summer. Running back Ben Luckett (6-0, 195) and offensive lineman Brian Thlang have also been offered by ULM.
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 — offer from SMU (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 — offer from Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Oregon State, ULM (4)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 — offers from Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (6)
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 — offer from Air Force (1)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offer from SMU, Texas State (2)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Adrian Goodacre, OL, Carthage, 6-4, 310 — offer from ULL (1)
- Tee Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 168 — offer from Louisiana Tech, Memphis, ULL, ULM (4)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 287 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Texas Tech (7)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 — offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 — committed to SMU (1)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas, Texas Tech (6)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 238 — offer from TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, ULM (4)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 210 — offer from Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 205 — offer from SMU (1)
- Okeeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-5, 181 — offer from ULM (1)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 – offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (22)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 — offer from ULM (1)
- Justin Twine, ATH, Hemphill, 5-10, 195 — committed to TCU for baseball; additional football offer from Baylor (1)
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 — offers from Miami, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma (4)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 — offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, ULM (3)