Testing Results From 2016 ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine
TYLER — The fourth annual ETSN.fm + APEC football recruiting combine, powered by Azalea Orthopedics, was a huge success.
ETSN.fm and APEC welcomed close to 100 of East Texas’ best football players in the 2017 and 2018 classes to Tyler for the event, which had a total attendance of about 500 people.
Testing results from Sunday’s combine are below, but here are explanations for each combine test if you need them.
- 40-yard dash — standard measure of long or “top-end” speed; the included 20- and 10-yard speeds show fast an athlete starts his 40
- Bench press — denotes upper-body strength, which is important when assessing an athlete’s total upper-body strength potential
- Vertical jump — measure of vertical power (more power = faster at shorter distances)
- Broad jump — growing standard for explosion athletes
- Pro agility — standard for lateral change of direction
- Keiser squat — combines low-impact technology with ability to move heavy weight safely at high speeds; issues power output number (in wattage) based on amount of weight used and the speed in which it was lifted, making the target a power assessment instead of simply a strength assessment
[table id=1307 /]
[table id=1308 /]
WIDE RECEIVERS/TIGHT ENDS
[table id=1309 /]
[table id=1310 /]
[table id=1311 /]
[table id=1312 /]
[table id=1313 /]