Testing Results from ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine at APEC Training Facility
TYLER -- The first-ever ETSN.fm football recruiting combine hosted by Accelerate Performance Enhancement Center was a huge success.
ETSN.fm and APEC welcomed 100 of East Texas' best football players in the 2014 and 2015 classes to Tyler for the event, which had a total attendance of about 400 people.
Testing results from Sunday's combine are below, but here are explanations for each combine test if you need them.
- 40-yard dash -- standard measure of long or "top-end" speed; the included 20- and 10-yard speeds show fast an athlete starts his 40
- Bench press -- denotes upper-body strength, which is important when assessing an athlete's total upper-body strength potential
- Vertical jump -- measure of vertical power (more power = faster at shorter distances)
- Broad jump -- growing standard for explosion athletes
- Pro agility -- standard for lateral change of direction
- Ladder -- encompasses footwork, control, brain-to-foot communication, and reaction
- Medball -- shows upper-body explosion and reaction speed (more speed = harder punch)
- Keiser squat -- combines low-impact technology with ability to move heavy weight safely at high speeds; issues power output number (in wattage) based on amount of weight used and the speed in which it was lifted, making the target a power assessment instead of simply a strength assessment
NOTE: All height and weight measurements were made in shoes. The 40-yard, 20-yard, and 10-yard times were conducted by laser-timing.
[table id=467 /]
RUNNING BACKS (15)
[table id=468 /]
RECEIVERS/TIGHT ENDS (20)
[table id=469 /]
OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (14)
[table id=470 /]
DEFENSIVE LINEMEN (11)
[table id=471 /]
[table id=472 /]
DEFENSIVE BACKS (16)
[table id=473 /]