Texas A&M First to Offer Athens’ Travon Fuller
Kevin Sumlin and Texas A&M’s recruiting presence in East Texas continued to grow Friday when the Aggies extended an offer to Athens 2016 athlete Travon Fuller, who confirmed the offer to ETSN.fm late Friday night.
A&M is the first offer for Fuller, who became the second East Texan in the 2016 class to receive a Division I FBS offer, joining Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones — an A&M target in his own right.
Fuller (6-0, 160) enjoyed breakout success last fall in all three phases — offense, defense and special teams. Fuller, who played receiver in Athens’ run-heavy Wing-T offense, had 413 yards and five touchdowns on 30 touches.
Defensively, he racked up 53 tackles with seven interceptions and one forced fumble. Fuller was a terror on special teams, blocking 17 extra-point attempts, four field goals and returning a kick and punt for touchdowns in helping the Hornets to the first undefeated regular season in school history.
Fuller, who was a second-team ETSN.fm Super Team selection in 2013, said that A&M is recruiting him at defensive back.
The Aggies have now offered seven East Texans in the 2015 and 2016 classes, including three that have already committed to Texas A&M — Whitehouse safety Justin Dunning, Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack and Sulphur Springs safety Larry Pryor.
The Athens Daily Review first reported Fuller’s offer.
East Texans With Texas A&M Offers
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — additional offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (8)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — additional offers from Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (8)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Travon Fuller, ATH, Athens, 6-0, 160
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 180 — additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech (8)