Texas Tech Offers Nacogdoches Sophomore Brandon Jones
One of East Texas' top underclassmen picked up his second big-time offer Thursday.
Nacogdoches sophomore safety Brandon Jones received an offer from Texas Tech, he announced via Twitter. The Red Raiders join Texas A&M as the two schools that have already offered the 6-foot, 185-pound standout.
Jones is the only East Texas sophomore to already have an offer in hand. He had a stellar sophomore season, finishing with more than 90 tackles and five interceptions, one of which he returned 95 yards for a touchdown to seal the Dragons' 28-24 win vs. Lufkin in September that marked Nacogdoches' first win against the Panthers since 1992.
Jones was also a serious return threat in the kicking game. He returned two punts for touchdowns and was named first-team all-district in 16-4A at safety and kick returner.
Texas Tech has offered 17 East Texans in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 classes. The Red Raiders have commitments from Chapel Hill senior defensive back Joseph Clark and Whitehouse senior quarterback Patrick Mahomes.
East Texans With Texas Tech Offers
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant (committed to Baylor)
- Joseph Clark, DB, Chapel Hill (committed to Texas Tech)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper (committed to Texas)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau (committed to Baylor)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview (18 offers)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview (committed to Texas)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse (committed to Texas Tech)
- Jarrell Owens, DE/LB, Palestine (committed to TCU)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/ATH, Newton (committed to Texas)
- Josh Walker, LB, Gilmer (committed to Texas A&M)
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer (5 offers)
- KeKe Coutee, ATH, Lufkin (committed to Texas)
- Justin Dunning, S/ATH, Whitehouse (committed to Texas A&M)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview (6 offers)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater (committed to Texas A&M)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs (8 offers)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches (2 offers)