Three East Texans Named to TAPPS Division II All-State Second Team
Two Tyler Grace Cougars and one Tyler Bishop Gorman Crusader were recently named to the TAPPS Division II football all-state second team.
Tyler Grace senior defensive lineman Andrew McCarty joined junior defensive back teammate Jonathan Spitzer and Bishop Gorman senior receiver Collin Parks on all-state second team.
McCarty finished among East Texas' leaders in tackles for loss (28) and sacks (14). Parks did the same from his receiver position, where he snagged 68 passes for 1,261 yards and nine touchdowns, setting school records in receptions and yardage.
Spitzer had 23 tackles, one interception, and one forced fumble. He also had 934 all-purpose yards and eight total touchdowns. He caught 38 passes for 467 yards and six scores and ran 36 times for 271 yards and two touchdowns.
Five East Texans were selected to the TAPPS D-II honorable mention list, three of which came from Bullard Brook Hill: sophomore receiver Seth Brasher, sophomore defensive back Alex Hale, and junior running back Gabriel Lucio.
Tyler Grace juniors Christopher McLeod (OL) and Chandler Nutt (ATH) were also picked honorable mention.
East Texans on the TAPPS Division II All-State Football Team
- Collin Parks, Sr., WR, Tyler Bishop Gorman
- Andrew McCarty, Sr., DL, Tyler Grace
- Jonathan Spitzer, Jr., DB, Tyler Grace
- Seth Brasher, Soph., WR, Bullard Brook Hill
- Alex Hale, Soph., DB, Bullard Brook Hill
- Gabriel Lucio, Jr., RB, Bullard Brook Hill
- Christopher McLeod, Jr., OL, Tyler Grace
- Chandler Nutt, Jr., ATH, Tyler Grace