Tulsa Latest School to Offer Texas High’s Tevailance Hunt
The recruiting activity has reached an all-time high in volume in the last several days for Texas High junior wide receiver Tevailance Hunt.
Tulsa became the fifth Division I FBS program to offer Hunt (6-2, 180) in the last week, he announced through Twitter on Saturday.
Since last weekend, Hunt has picked up offers from North Texas, Nevada, Iowa State, Kansas, and now Tulsa. He has eight total FBS invitations, holding additional offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, and Louisiana Tech.
His eight offers broke a tie with Tyler Lee quarterback Chance Amie for fourth-most among East Texans in the 2018 class.
Hunt trails only Arp's DeMarvion Overshown (25), Carthage's Keaontay Ingram (21), and Marshall's Chasen Hines (14) for number of offers among area juniors.
Tulsa is certainly no stranger to recruiting East Texas, and Texas High in general. The Golden Hurricane signed former Tigers standouts Jarion Thomas and Jarion Anderson in 2015.
Alto's Keenen Johnson signed with Tulsa in February of 2016.
Tulsa has gone 16-10 in two seasons under head coach Phillip Montgomery, who spent time as a Texas high school assistant at Celeste, Stephenville, and Denton before joining the college ranks with assistant jobs at Houston (2003-07) and Baylor (2012-14).
The Golden Hurricane compete in the American Athletic Conference, and finished the 2016 season with a 10-3 record, which included a dominating 55-10 win over Central Michigan in the Miami Beach Bowl last December.
Hunt caught 36 passes last season for 701 yards and 10 touchdowns as Texas High worked its way to a 10-1 final record. As fate would have it, Hunt finished second on the team in receiving yardage behind recent Kansas signee Quan Hampton.
Hunt will be a very valuable offensive weapon his senior season. He remains while Hampton, quarterback Cade Pearson and starting running back Devuntay Walker are all moving on to collegiate careers.
Texas High hired Flower Mound Marcus head coach Gerry Stanford earlier this week to replace Barry Norton, who is the new head coach at Texarkana (Ark.) Arkansas High.
Hunt, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from ULL, Mississippi State (3)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Colorado State, Iowa State, Syracuse, ULL, Virginia (7)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offer from ULL (1)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-2, 215 — offers from Mississippi State, Texas State, ULL (3)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offer from ULL (1)
- Conner Henson, Harmony, OL, 6-4, 250 — offer from ULL (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech (14)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Nevada, North Texas, Tulsa (8)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (21)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (25)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — offer from ULL, Washington State (2)