Tyler Bishop Gorman’s Tristan Saint Named Built Ford Tough Player of the Week
Tristan Saint capped a stellar senior season with a performance that garnered him statewide recognition.
Tyler Bishop Gorman's quarterback completed 16 of 23 passes for 270 yards and three touchdowns, while rushing for 60 yards and a touchdown on seven carries in the Crusaders' 42-14 season-concluding win against Dallas Shelton on Nov. 8. That performance earned Saint the Built Ford Tough Player of the Week award for private-school players.
Saint finished his senior year with 2,822 passing yards, 26 touchdown throws, and only eight interceptions. He also ran for 439 yards and four touchdowns, giving him 3,261 total yards and 30 total touchdowns. According to Bishop Gorman head coach Coby Gipson, Saint now owns the school's single-season passing yardage and single-season touchdown pass records.
Saint's big year helped classmate Collin Parks set new Bishop Gorman records for receptions (68) and receiving yards (1,261). Parks also scored 14 touchdowns (nine receiving, five rushing). Junior Connor Hobbs finished with 1,093 receiving yards and team-leading 11 touchdown grabs.
Bishop Gorman finished the 2013 season 5-5, marking the Crusaders' first .500 or better campaign since a 7-6 finish in 2010.
2013 East Texas Recipients of Built Ford Tough Player of the Week
- Week 10 -- Tristan Saint, QB, Tyler Bishop Gorman (TAPPS)
- Week 8 — Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton (3A); Nick Williams, RB, West Sabine (1A)
- Week 6 — Willy Ivery, RB, Sulphur Springs (4A); Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage (3A)
- Week 4 — Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse (4A)
- Week 3 — Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore (3A)
- Week 1 — Dalvin Manns, QB, Pine Tree (4A)