UIL State Football Championships Returning to Arlington’s AT&T Stadium
[UIL press release]
AUSTIN — The 2014 University Interscholastic League Football State Championship games will be played at AT&T Stadium in Arlington the League announced Tuesday.
For only the second year, all 11-man and six-man football championship games will be played at the same location. Prior to last year, the Conference 1A six-man football championship games were played at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene.
“Having all football championship games in one location truly makes for an amazing experience for the coaches, athletes and fans, and last year it lead to a Texas high school football attendance record,” said UIL Executive Director Dr. Charles Breithaupt. “We are excited to return to AT&T Stadium and continue to improve on a world class event in the state of Texas.”
The 2014 football state championship will mark the fifth year all games in all conferences will be played at pre-determined locations. The UIL has determined the site for the Conference 5A football state championship since 2006.
2014 UIL State Football Championships
At AT&T Stadium, Arlington
Saturday, December 13
- Conference 1A Six-Man Division II – noon
- Conference 1A Six-Man Division I – 3 p.m.
Thursday, December 18
- Conference 2A Division II – 10 a.m.
- Conference 2A Division I – 1 p.m.
- Conference 3A Division II – 5 p.m.
- Conference 3A Division I – 8 p.m.
Friday, December 19
- Conference 4A Division II – noon
- Conference 4A Division I – 4 p.m.
- Conference 5A Division II – 8 p.m.
Saturday, December 20
- Conference 5A Division I – noon
- Conference 6A Division II – 4 p.m.
- Conference 6A Division I – 8 p.m.