ULL + Memphis Next To Offer Frankston’s Kendrick Rogers
It's been quite an eventful last six days for Frankston receiver Kendrick Rogers. Since Friday, the 2016 prospect has picked up five of his eight Division I FBS offers.
His seventh and eighth opportunities came from ULL and Memphis on Wednesday, according to Frankston head football coach Matt Nally.
Rogers (6-6, 207) has the fourth-most offers of any East Texas recruit in the 2016 class, trailing only Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones (38) and Mineola twin offensive linemen Austin and Riley Anderson (27).
Oddly enough, only three of his FBS offers have come from schools in Texas -- Houston, North Texas, and SMU. The other five are from schools in the southeastern part of the U.S. -- Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Mississippi State, ULL, and ULM.
Rogers became the first 2016 prospect form the region with a Memphis offer, while he is the third East Texan with a recent invitation from ULL, joining Corrigan-Camden linebacker La'Darius Hamilton and Alto athlete Keenen Johnson.
Memphis, coached by Justin Fuente, competes in the American Athletic Conference. The Tigers were 10-3 last season, which was capped by a 55-48 double-OT win over BYU in the Miami Beach Bowl on Dec. 22.
ULL competes in the Sun Belt Conference. ULL. The Ragin' Cajuns are coached by Mark Hudspeth and were 9-4 in 2014, culminating in a 16-3 win over Nevada in the New Orleans Bowl on Dec. 20.
Rogers enjoyed a solid junior season at Frankston, ranking fifth in East Texas with 57 receptions and caught for a region fifth-best 1,045 yards. He returns to an Indians team that went 4-6 and 2-5 last year in the ultra-competitive District 8-3A Division II, which will also feature reigning state champion Waskom.
Rogers, like all incoming senior football prospects, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- La’Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 — offer from ULL (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM (8)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offers from Colorado State, Kansas (2)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB/S, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)