ULL + SFA Extend Offers To Chapel Hill’s Jeremy West
In less than 24 hours, Chapel Hill's Jeremy West went from zero offers to three. A day after receiving scholarship opportunity No. 1, the 2016 OL/DL picked up two more offers Friday.
West (6-2, 297) announced news of UILL and SFA offers via his personal Twitter account Friday afternoon. He was offered by Alcorn State on Thursday evening.
With the invitation from the Ragin Cajuns, West became the 20th player in East Texas' 2016 recruiting class to hold at least one Division I FBS offer. He joins four other area natives with offers from ULL -- Corrigan-Camden linebacker La'Darius Hamilton, Alto QB/ATH Keenen Johnson, Jasper tight end Cody Mitchell, and Frankston receiver Kendrick Rogers.
ULL is coached by Mark Hudspeth and competes in the Sun Belt Conference. The Ragin' Cajuns were 9-4 overall and 7-1 in league play a season ago, ending the year with a 16-3 win over Nevada in the New Orleans Bowl on Dec. 20.
SFA, the only Division I football program in the ETSN.fm coverage area, competes on the FCS level as a member of the Southland Conference. The Lumberjacks, coached by Clint Conque, were 8-5 in 2014 with appearance in the FCS playoffs.
West put together a stellar 2014 season as the anchor of Chapel Hill’s strong offensive line and shined during the third annual ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine in Tyler earlier this month.
West worked out with a group of 12 offensive linemen at East Texas’ premier recruiting showcase on May 10, and came away with OL MVP honors. He put up 15 bench press reps at 225 pounds, second-most among his positional group, and held his own during a supremely competitive one-on-one session against some of the area’s top pass rushers.
West will be the only returning starter on a Chapel Hill offensive line that helped the Bulldogs average 38.5 points and 438.5 yards per game in 2014. Chapel Hill finished 6-6 a season ago, dropping a 49-28 decision to eventual Class 4A Division I state champion Navasota in the area round of the playoffs.
Chapel Hill, which does return a significant number of impact players on offense, will begin the 2015 season Aug. 28 at home against Lindale.
West, like all 2016 football prospects, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him on Feb. 3.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Gabe Foster, RB/DB, Newton, 6-3, 180 — offers from Purdue, ULM (2)
- Ke’Mon Freeman, QB/ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 5-11, 188 – offers from Arkansas State, North Texas, SMU (3)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Alex Gregory, WR, Nacogdoches, 5-11, 175 —offer from Texas State (1)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offers from Baylor, Texas Tech (2)
- La’Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 — offer from ULL (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Colorado State, Houston, Navy (5)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Denzel Mims, WR, Daingerfield, 6-4, 180 – offers from Arkansas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa (3)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Illinois, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, Texas State, ULL (5)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM (10)
- Micahh Smith, DB, Marshall, 5-11, 185 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offers from Colorado State, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, Texas State (5)
- Jeremy West, OL/DL, Chapel Hill, 6-2, 297 -- offer from ULL (1)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB/S, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Army, Louisiana Tech, Navy (4)