ULM Becomes First To Extend Offer To John Tyler’s Adrian Harris
Graduation for John Tyler High School's 2015 class may be one week away, but there's plenty of reasons for the following senior group to be excited. Count Lions 2016 offensive tackle Adrian Harris among them.
Harris (6-2, 290) received his first Division I FBS offer Saturday night from ULM, the John Tyler football program's official Twitter account announced.
The Lions standout became the 21st prospect in East Texas' 2016 recruiting cycle to hold at least one FBS scholarship opportunity. Harris is the fourth player from the region with a ULM offer, joining Newton ATH Gabe Foster, Nacogdoches WR Alex Gregory, and Frankston wideout Kendrick Rogers.
ULM has been fairly active in the East Texas area of late, signing four players in 2014 -- Chapel Hill's Wesley Thompson and Shaquille Warren, and Palestine's Ben Luckett and Brian Thlang -- and two more this past February -- Canton's Chandler Eiland and Samuel Miller.
The Warhawks compete in the Sun Belt Conference and are coached by Todd Berry. ULM was 4-8 overall and 3-5 in league play a season ago.
Harris is the second John Tyler player from the 2016 cycle with an FBS offer. Defensive tackle Braylon Jones has standing invitations from Air Force, Army, Colorado State, Houston and Navy. Lions 2017 receiver Damion Miller has offers from Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech.
The Lions' big lineman recently competed at the third annual ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine in Tyler. Harris put up 11 bench press reps of 225 pounds, which was tied for fifth among all O-lineman at the May 10 event. He also performed well during one-on-one action against some of the East Texas' area's top pass rushers.
Harris figures to be an integral part of John Tyler's 2015 season, helping protect new quarterback and potential FBS recruit Bryson Smith, receivers Miller and Duntayviun Gross, and a young but very talented offensive backfield.
John Tyler, which was 12-3 in 2014 and competed in its third state semifinal in four seasons, begins the new campaign Aug. 28 at Plano.
Harris, like all 2016 prospects, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Gabe Foster, RB/DB, Newton, 6-3, 180 — offers from Purdue, ULM (2)
- Ke’Mon Freeman, QB/ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 5-11, 188 – offers from Arkansas State, North Texas, SMU (3)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Alex Gregory, WR, Nacogdoches, 5-11, 175 —offers from Texas State, ULM (2)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offers from Baylor, Texas Tech (2)
- La’Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 — offer from ULL (1)
- Adrian Harris, OL, John Tyler, 6-2, 290 — offer from ULM (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Colorado State, Houston, Navy (5)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Denzel Mims, WR, Daingerfield, 6-4, 180 – offers from Arkansas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa (3)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Illinois, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, Texas State, ULL (5)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM (10)
- Micahh Smith, DB, Marshall, 5-11, 185 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 5-10, 180 — committed to Nebraska; additional offers from Colorado State, Kansas, Nevada, Texas State (5)
- Jeremy West, OL/DL, Chapel Hill, 6-2, 297 — offer from ULL (1)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB/S, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Army, Louisiana Tech, Navy (4)