ULM First School to Offer Longview’s Traveion Webster
Longview junior defensive back Traveion Webster became the 17th East Texas recruit in the 2017 class to receive a Division I FBS offer on Monday.
Webster (6-1, 197) got on the board with an offer from Louisiana-Monroe, which was first reported by the Longview News-Journal.
ULM now has four offers out to East Texans in the current recruiting cycle. In addition to Webster, the Warhawks have targeted Gilmer WR LaMarcus Morton, John Tyler CB Javontavius Mosley, and John Tyler QB/ATH Bryson Smith.
Webster also became the first Longview incoming senior with a Division I offer.
ULM competes in the Sun Belt Conference, and is coached by Matt Viator, who will be entering his first season as Warhawks head coach after serving in the same capacity at McNeese State the previous 10 years.
The Warhawks struggled through a 2-11 campaign in 2015.
ULM is certainly no stranger to the East Texas area. There are currently eight area products on the Warhawks' roster.
Webster, who played fullback as a sophomore at Longview, moved to safety in 2015. He finished with 88 tackles, one interception, four passes broken up, and a forced fumble.
Longview, which went 11-3 last fall, shared the District 15-5A title and advanced to the 5A Division I quarterfinals where it was bested by eventual state finalist Mansfield Lake Ridge, 56-53.
The Lobos will move up to Class 6A this season and compete in District 11 along with John Tyler, Mesquite, Mesquite Horn, North Mesquite, Rockwall, Rockwall-Heath, and Tyler Lee.
Webster, like all current junior prospects, can officially sign with the college of his choosing on Feb. 1, 2017.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, UTSA (9)
- Noah Bush, Athens, LB, 6-2, 225 -- offer from Army (1)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Tulsa (10)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, SMU, Tulane, ULL (5)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (6)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (11)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (11)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, UTSA (6)
- Traveion Webster, Longview, S, 6-0, 197 -- offered by ULM (1)