ULM Offers Harleton Running Back Ted Fuller
Louisiana-Monroe showed no signs of letting up Wednesday morning after offering four regional players through the course of Tuesday.
Harleton running back Ted Fuller, who announced the news through his personal Twitter account, is the fifth East Texas player in roughly a 24-hour span to receive a college football scholarship opportunity from the Warhawks program. It's his very first offer.
ULM has not been shy about breaking the ice in prospects' recruiting process. Tuesday, it handed Gladewater athlete Austin Hawley and Gilmer safety Kollin Hurt their first opportunities to play in college upon graduation next year.
Fuller (5-11, 195) put together a 1,747-yard and 10-touchdown junior campaign on 230 carries. He helped Harleton claim a share of the District 9-2A Division I championship before leading a charge to the area round of the postseason under first-year head coach Terry Ward.
The Warhawks now have nine local prospects on their big board. Fuller is their first running back target from the region and the 20th overall prospect with at least one FBS offer.
Matt Viator will begin his first season as ULM's head coach in September. He completed a 10-year career at McNeese State last year with a total record of 78-33, including a 54-18 mark against Southland Conference competition.
McNeese State won the league championship four times under Viator.
ULM has backpedaled the past three seasons from reaching the Independence Bowl in 2012. A 1-9 start last year spelled the end of former coach Todd Berry's six-year career in Monroe, La., and the Warhawks finished with a 2-11 record.
The program was granted a 13th regular season game by the NCAA as a reward for traveling to Hawaii for a non-conference contest.
In addition to the nine prospects ULM has identified as it works to build its 2017 recruiting class, eight local players will be on the 2016 Warhawks roster.
Fuller, like all high school prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Memphis, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM, UTSA, Wyoming (12)
- Noah Bush, Athens, LB, 6-2, 225 — offer from Army (1)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Houston, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, North Texas, Ole Miss, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Tulsa (12)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Ted Fuller, Harleton, RB, 5-11, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Austin Hawley, Gladewater, DB, 6-1, 200 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Kollin Hurt, Gilmer, DB, 6-3, 175 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, SMU, Tulane, ULL (5)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM, UTSA (7)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offers from Texas State, ULM (2)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 6-0, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, Purdue, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (12)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (11)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULM, UTSA, Washington State, Wyoming (10)
- Traveion Webster, Longview, S, 6-0, 197 — offered by ULM (1)