ULM Offers Palestine’s Brian Thlang + Nacogdoches’ Jacob Bragg
ULM remains busy in East Texas. Two night-time offers went out to a pair of offensive linemen.
The Palestine coaching staff confirmed with ETSN.fm that ULM offered 2014 lineman Brian Thlang at 8:45 p.m. Thursday. Nacogdoches 2014 lineman Jacob Bragg also received an offer, according to his mother, who announced the offer on Twitter.
The ULM offer came on the same day for Bragg as an offer from hometown program Stephen F. Austin State. The 6-foot-4, 311-pound Bragg, who starts at center for the Dragons, holds four offers, three of which come from FBS schools: Kansas, Louisiana Tech, and ULM.
Bragg, who won the O-line MVP at an April Nike Football Training Camp in Dallas, was the co-MVP of the 14-player offensive linemen group along with Van 2015 guard Wyatt Santos at the May 19 ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine. Shortly after that, Bragg was extended an invitation to the prestigious Nike recruiting camp called The Opening, which features 150 of the nation's elite recruits at a four-day event June 30 through July 3 in Beaverton, Ore. Mount Pleasant receiver K.D. Cannon, who has more than 20 offers, has also been invited to The Opening.
The offer was the first for the 6-foot-2, 290-pound Thlang, who was the third Palestine Wildcat to receive an offer from the Warhawks on Thursday. They also offered 2014 running back Ben Luckett and 2014 linebacker Jarrell Owens, who got a Texas Tech offer less than four weeks ago. North Texas is one of a hand full of other schools that have also shown interest in Thlang.
Thlang's offer means 27 players in East Texas' 2014 football recruiting class now hold at least one FBS offer. See the full list below.
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 -- offer from SMU (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 -- offer from Kansas, Louisiana Tech, ULM (3)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 -- offers from Houston, Memphis, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (5)]
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 -- offer from Air Force (1)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Tee Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 168 -- offer from ULL, ULM (2)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 287 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Texas Tech (7)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 -- offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 -- offer from SMU (1)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas, Texas Tech (6)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 238 -- offer from Texas Tech, ULM (2)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 210 -- offer from Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 205 -- offer from SMU (1)
- Okeeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-5, 181 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (22)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Justin Twine, ATH, Hemphill, 5-10, 195 — committed to TCU for baseball; additional football offer from Baylor (1)
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 -- offers from Miami, North Texas, Oklahoma (3)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 -- offers from North Texas, ULM (2)