USC Offers Gladewater’s Daylon Mack
Daylon Mack has already committed to Texas A&M, but that won't stop programs across the country from trying to change his mind.
Mack tweeted Wednesday night that USC offered him, making the Trojans the 17th FBS program to offer Gladewater's standout junior defensive tackle.
Mack committed to Texas A&M on Oct. 21. His 17 offers are the most among East Texas' 12 prospects in the 2015 class who have at least one FBS offer at this point. Mack's entire offer list can be seen below.
As expected, the 6-foot-1, 311-pound Mack had one of the best seasons in East Texas in 2013, helping Gladewater finish 7-7 with a four-round, Cinderella playoff run that ended in the Class 3A Division II Region II championship to eventual state title-winner Argyle. Mack racked up 98 tackles, 35 for loss, five sacks, an East Texas-leading eight forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and one punt block.
But Mack also had a big impact offensively during the Bears' stretch run, when he joined a young, talented backfield to give Gladewater a battering ram in its ground-oriented attack. Mack ran for 178 yards and three touchdowns in a second-round playoff win against Atlanta, then had 68 rushing yards and one touchdown in the Bears' regional semifinal win against Gainesville.
Mack is widely considered the top East Texas recruit in the 2015 class. He could wind up being East Texas' most highly-rated prospect since Texas High's Ryan Mallett in 2007.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 -- offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (8)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 -- offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key'Vantanie "KeKe" Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 -- offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 -- committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (9)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 -- offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 -- offers from Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 -- committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 -- committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (17)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 -- offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 -- offer from Houston (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 -- offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (10)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 -- offer from SMU (1)