Vaunted Corrigan-Camden Rushing Attack Matches Wits With One-Loss Centerville
Class 2A Division II Region III
Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs (12-0)
Centerville Tigers (11-1)
7:30 p.m. Friday
Monte Jack Driskell Stadium, Crockett
- Corrigan-Camden: Seven Armstrong
- Centerville: Kyle Hardee
- Winner plays Waskom or Crawford in a 2A Division II regional final.
- RB/DB Keegan Mitchell, Jr., 5-6, 170 (162 carries, 2,220 yards, 27 TDs; 4 catches, 61 yards, 2 TDs)
- RB Malyk Johnnson, Soph., 5-10, 185 (121 carries, 1,386 yards, 21 TDs)
- FB/LB Carlos Inguanzo, Sr., 5-9, 220 (115 carries, 702 yards, 12 TDs)
- FB/LB Addison Kirkland, Sr., 5-11, 210 (72 carries, 482 yards, 11 TDs)
- QB Haden Armstrong, Sr. (10 of 24, 208 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs; 81 carries, 429 yards, 7 TDs)
- TE/LB Kade Moore, Sr.
- WR/DB Lakendrick Moore, Soph. (2 catches, 68 yards, 1 TD)
- DL Calvin Burks, Sr.
- QB Cade Harris
- ATH Chance Carrigan
- RB Tully Pickens (202 rushing yards; fumble return for TD vs. Garrison)
- RB Adrian Gaucin
- RB Trevor Goolsby, Soph. (105 rushing yards vs. Garrison)
- QB Jordan Cannon (58 rushing yards vs. Garrison)
Just the facts
- Corrigan-Camden is averaging 51.1 points and 468.8 yards per game -- 448.5 rushing.
- The Bulldogs have run 609 plays from scrimmage for an average of 9.2 yards per snap.
- Corrigan-Camden had 572 rushing yards last week with four players notching at least 90 yards on the ground.
- The cumulative record of Corrigan-Camden's opponents is 48-79.
- Corrigan-Camden's average margin of victory is 31 points.
- With one more win, Corrigan-Camden will achieve its first 13-win season since 2003.
- Centerville is averaging 44.7 points per game.
- The Tigers' defense is allowing 14.6 points per game, which includes two shutouts.
- The cumulative record of Centerville's opponents is 66-64.
- With one more win, Centerville will set the single-season school record for victories.
- Centerville's only loss came to unbeaten Crawford, 27-7, on Oct. 4.
Did You Know? Corrigan-Camden has been in the playoffs every year since 1997. ... The Bulldogs have scored at least 60 points five times this season, including their last three games. ... Corrigan-Camden has not had a game decided by less than two touchdowns since a 35-20 win over Woodville on Sept. 13. ... Former Alto coach Keith Gardner, who retired during the offseason, coached at Centerville from 2002-04. ... Centerville lost in the third round last year -- 28-27 to Hughes Springs in overtime, a game decided on a missed extra point.