Bullard’s Major Tennison Offered By SMU
Bullard's Major Tennison collected his third Division I FBS scholarship offer on Monday, announcing news of an SMU offer via his personal Twitter account.
Tennison (6-4, 220), one of the top 2017 recruits in East Texas, previously received program invitations from Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.
SMU was busy in the East Texas region Monday night, extending offers to two area prospects -- Tennison, along with Van 2016 running back and Nebraska commit Aphonso Thomas.
The Mustangs are under the direction of first-year head coach Chad Morris, who got his coaching career started in East Texas and has since enjoyed success as an offensive coordinator in the college ranks.
SMU finished 1-11 in 2014, which caused the Mustangs to bring in Morris and his staff. The Mustangs are 1-2 so far this season, but the losses have come to Baylor and TCU, who are each ranked in the top five of the AP poll.
Many recruiting experts see Tennison as a versatile player at the next level. He could be used as a modern tight end, whose main contributions on offense are as a pass-catcher, while some schools may regard the Bullard standout as a big-bodied receiver who lines up wide.
Through four games, Tennison has caught eight passes for a team-high 134 yards and one touchdown. Bullard is 2-2 on the season and plays at White Oak on Friday night.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Lagaryonn Carson, DE, Liberty-Eylau, 6-5, 261 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, SMU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, WR/S, Henderson, 5-11, 180 – offers from Kansas, SMU (2)
- Montrell Estell, WR/S, Hooks, 6-2, 180 — offers from Kansas, Texas Tech (2)
- Octavius Evans, WR, Center, 6-1, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Texas Tech (2)
- Damion Miller, WR, John Tyler, 6-2, 205 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Major Tennison, TE, Bullard, 6-4, 220 — offers from Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (3)