Indiana Becomes 10th School to Offer Henderson’s Trestan Ebner
The recruitment of Henderson junior receiver Trestan Ebner reached a milestone Monday with the Lions prospect's 10th Division I FBS scholarship opportunity.
Indiana pushed Ebner (5-11, 180) into double-digit offers, he announced via Twitter early Monday afternoon.
In addition to the Hoosiers, Ebner holds offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, and Tulsa.
Ebner trails only Hooks WR/DB Montrell Estell, John Tyler QB/ATH Bryson Smith, and Bullard TE Major Tennison for the most offers among East Texans in the 2017 class.
Indiana, while not considered a program that typically attracts East Texas athletes, has offered a pair of area standouts in the last week -- Ebner and Gilmer WR LaMarcus Morton.
The Hoosiers are coached by Kevin Wilson and compete in the BIg Ten Conference. Indiana finished with a 6-7 record in 2015, ending the year with a 44-41 overtime loss to Duke in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl. It was Indiana's first bowl appearance since 2007.
Ebner helped Henderson to a 7-3 finish in 2015. The team missed the playoffs despite tying for the final playoff berth out of District 9-4A Division I, but ended the regular season with a 30-10 win over the league’s first-place finisher, Kilgore.
Henderson will compete alongside Bullard, Carthage, Center, Chapel Hill, Kilgore and Palestine in 9-4A D-I this upcoming season.
Ebner, like all current junior prospects, can officially sign with the college of his choosing on Feb. 1, 2017.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, UTSA (9)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Tulsa (10)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, SMU, Tulane, ULL (5)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (6)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (11)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (11)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, UTSA (6)