Louisiana Tech Latest to Offer Gilmer’s LaMarcus Morton
Gilmer junior receiver LaMarcus Morton inched closer to double-digit number of Division I FBS offers on Thursday with No. 9.
Morton (6-2, 175) tweeted news of a Louisiana Tech scholarship opportunity.
In addition to the offer, Morton is being targeted by Arkansas State, Colorado State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, and UTSA.
The Buckeyes' playmaker is the third East Texan in the 2017 recruiting cycle to receive an offer from Louisiana Tech, joining Center WR Octavius Evans and Nacogdoches CB Josh Thompson.
Louisiana Tech competes in Conference USA, and is coached by Skip Holtz. The Bulldogs are coming off a 9-4 season in 2015 that included a 6-2 conference record and 47-28 win over Arkansas State in the New Orleans Bowl.
Morton recorded 589 yards and seven touchdowns during his junior campaign. He led a pack of 10 Gilmer players with at least 100 yards and a group of 17 players that caught at least one pass on the way to a Class 4A Division II state semifinals appearance.
Gilmer enjoyed roughly half of a 31-game winning streak during the 2015 season. It dated back to Week 1 of the 2014 campaign, highlighted by a Class 4A Division II state championship.
The Buckeyes will participate in District 7-4A Division II this fall, along with Atlanta, Gladewater, Pittsburg, Pleasant Grove, and Spring Hill.
Morton, like all high school prospects currently in their junior year, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Memphis, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM, UTSA, Wyoming (12)
- Noah Bush, Athens, LB, 6-2, 225 — offer from Army (1)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Colorado State, Houston, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Texas, Ole Miss, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Tulsa (16)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (7)
- Ted Fuller, Harleton, RB, 5-11, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Austin Hawley, Gladewater, DB, 6-1, 200 — offer from ULM (1)
- Kollin Hurt, Gilmer, DB, 6-3, 175 — offer from ULM (1)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, Navy, SMU, Tulane, ULL (6)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offers from Arkansas State, Colorado State, Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM, UTSA (9)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (9)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offers from Arkansas State, Texas State, ULM (3)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 6-0, 170 — offers from Air Force, Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, Purdue, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (14)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (12)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Arkansas State, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULM, Utah, UTSA, Washington State, Wyoming (14)
- Traveion Webster, Longview, S, 6-0, 197 — offered by ULM (1)