Waskom’s Chan Amie the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
For the second consecutive season, the Waskom Wildcats found themselves in a dogfight in the semifinal round of the playoffs, and in desperate need of a spark.
Enter senior running back Chan Amie.
The talented two-way star rushed for 232 yards and two touchdowns in the Wildcats' 28-24 win over Idalou last Friday night, which vaulted Waskom into its second-straight Class 3A Division II state final.
And for his efforts, Amie is the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week. He follows last week's winner, Carthage quarterback Jarod Blissett.
Both of Amie's touchdowns occurred in the second half and put his team in front. His 75-yard run on the final play of the third quarter gave Waskom a 21-17 lead, and his 1-yard scoring run with 1:06 remaining proved to be game-winner.
Amie, one of a handful of returning starters from Waskom's state championship winning team from a year ago, has put together a dominant senior season on the offensive side of the ball.
He enters Thursday night's title game against Franklin with a team-best 2,415 rushing yards and 36 touchdowns on 223 carries. He'a also added six receptions for 119 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Kickoff for the championship game is scheduled for 8 p.m. from Houston's NRG Stadium. It will be televised live on Fox Sports Southwest.
ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Dec. 10-12: Chan Amie, RB, Waskom
- Dec. 3-5: Jarod Blissett, QB, Carthage
- Nov. 26-28: Keaontay Ingram, RB, Carthage
- Nov. 19-21: Lamon Hillis, RB, Paul Pewitt
- Nov. 12-14: Keenen Johnson, QB, Alto
- Nov. 5-7: J'Kardi Witcher, RB, Texas High
- Oct. 29-31: Case Robinson, QB, Crockett
- Oct. 22-24: Jarod Blissett, QB, Carthage
- Oct. 15-17: Jeremiah Robertson, RB, Huntington
- Oct. 8-10: Nick Ballard, RB, West Rusk
- Oct. 1-3: Chance Amie, QB, Tyler Lee
- Sept. 24-26: Judah Bell, WR, Tyler Bishop Gorman
- Sept. 17-19: Cam Haller, RB, Marshall
- Sept. 10-12: Ke'Mon Freeman, QB, Liberty-Eylau
- Sept. 3-5: Kordell Rodgers, QB, Lufkin
- Aug. 27-29: Keenen Johnson, QB, Alto