Arkansas State Offers Texas High’s Tevailance Hunt
The second Division I FBS scholarship offer is in for Texas High 2018 receiver Tevailance Hunt.
The Tigers' playmaker announced via Twitter that Arkansas State offered him, Tuesday afternoon.
Hunt (6-2, 180) also holds an offer from Louisiana Tech as well as an FCS offer from Central Arkansas.
Arkansas State competes in the Sun Belt Conference, and is coached by Blake Anderson. The Red Wolves were 8-5 in 2016 (7-1 in league play), and earned a 31-13 win over Central Florida in the Autonation Cure Bowl.
Hunt caught 36 passes this past season for 701 yards and 10 scores in 11 games. He was part of a team that posted a 10-0 regular season record, but the squad got upset as a first-seed in the first round of the Class 5A Division I state playoffs.
Texas High is going through a transition. Star quarterback Cade Pearson enrolled at North Texas for the spring semester, fellow receiver Quan Hampton departs in May for Kansas, starting running back Devuntay Walker is headed to Midwestern State and head coach Barry Norton left the program last month to take the Texarkana (Ark.) Arkansas High job.
Those circumstances make Hunt perhaps the school’s most valuable returning piece of personnel. Without Hampton eating into his receiving numbers, it’s a safe assumption Hunt’s numbers will increase as a senior if Texas High comes up with a serviceable replacement at quarterback.
Hunt, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State, Syracuse, ULL, Virginia (5)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offer from ULL (1)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offer from ULL (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (21)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (24)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — offer from ULL (1)