Arp’s DeMarvion Overshown Offered by TCU
One of the the top prospects in East Texas' 2018 recruiting class picked up his fourth Division I FBS scholarship offer overall, and his first of the new year on Friday.
Arp junior ATH DeMarvion Overshown (6-4, 196) tweeted news of a TCU offer.
In addition to the Horned Frogs, the Tigers' junior standout also holds offers from SMU, Texas, and UTSA.
Overshown, who starred at both safety and wide receiver for Arp in 2016, recorded three interceptions, one fumble recovery and more than 160 tackles in 14 games. He also caught four passes for 121 yards as a receiver.
He helped lead Arp to a berth in the Class 3A Division II state semifinals, the school's first appearance in the final four since 2000.
Overshown is the third East Texan in 2018 to receive an offer from TCU, joining Marshall OL Chasen Hines and Carthage RB Keaontay Ingram.
TCU is no certainly no stranger to recruiting the East Texas area. The Frogs currently have one area commitment in the 2017 class, Henderson’s Lakendrick VanZandt.
Gary Patterson has been the head coach at TCU since 2000, and has guided the Horned Frogs to 149 wins, six conference championships, and nine bowl wins. TCU finished 6-7 overall and 4-5 in the Big 12 in 2016.
Overshown, like all junior-year prospects, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, LB, 6-0, 200 — offer from Mississippi State, SMU (2)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DL, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, OL, 6-2, 326 — offers from Baylor, Minnesota, North Texas, TCU (4)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Baylor, Missouri, TCU (3)
- Demarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 —offers from SMU, TCU, Texas, UTSA (4)