Center’s Octavius Evans Offered by Oklahoma State
Center junior wide receiver Octavius Evans has earned his fifth Division I FBS offer and second in less than a week.
Oklahoma State reached out to the Roughriders' 2017 prospect on Thursday, which Evans confirmed via Twitter.
Evans (6-2, 186), who was offered by Louisiana-Lafayette last Friday, also holds FBS offers from Louisiana Tech, Texas State, and Texas Tech.
Oklahoma State now has offers out to three East Texans in the 2017 class -- Evans and a pair of Texas commits, John Tyler receiver Damion Miller and Bullard tight end Major Tennison.
Evans played a big role in Center’s run toward a Class 4A Division II third-round playoff appearance and 10-3 overall record last season. He caught 76 passes for 1,016 yards and nine touchdowns.
The receiver was one of nine players in the area to catch for at least 1,000 yards last season and one of just five underclassmen.
Center will move up to 4A D-I this upcoming season, and will share District 9-4A D-I with Bullard, Carthage, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Kilgore, and Palestine.
Oklahoma State, which plays in the Big 12 and is coached by Mike Gundy, is coming off a 10-3 finish in 2015, which included a 7-2 conference record and an appearance in the Sugar Bowl -- a 48-20 loss to Ole Miss.
Evans, like all high school football players currently in their junior year, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him on February 1, 2017.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, SMU (3)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Kansas (2)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (9)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (5)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — offer from Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from SMU, Tulane, ULL (3)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Houston, SMU, Texas State, ULL, UTSA (5)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Bowling Green, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (7)