Colorado Offers Arp’s Kayce Medlock
One of the most intriguing prospects in East Texas' 2017 recruiting class is now officially being pursued by a Power 5 Conference program.
Arp junior RB/ATH Kayce Medlock (5-9, 186) picked up an offer from Colorado, the Tigers' standout tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
In addition to the latest opportunity, Medlock holds offers from Army, SMU, Tulane, and Louisiana-Lafayette.
Colorado, a member of the Big 12 Conference from 1996-2011, has since competed in the Pac-12. Medlock is the first East Texas prospect with an offer from Colorado, and the second to receive an invitation from a member of the Pac-12, joining Hooks WR/DB Montrell Estell (Arizona State).
The Buffaloes are coached by Mike MacIntyre, who has gone 10-27 in his three seasons in Boulder. Colorado is coming off a 4-9 campaign in 2015, and has not appeared in a bowl game since 2007 or had a winning season since 2005.
Medlock finished his junior year second on the Arp team in rushing with 1,184 yards and 15 touchdowns on 110 carries. He also passed for 366 yards and a pair of touchdowns, and caught a pair of touchdown passes on offense.
Defensively, the all-around athlete had 42 tackles plus a team-best five interceptions.
With Medlock, Arp battled back from a 1-5 start for an 8-6 finish and a trip to the fourth round of the Class 3A Division II playoffs. The year ended with a loss to District 8-3A Division II rival Waskom, which went on to win the classification’s state championship game for a second year in a row while extending its unbeaten streak to 31 games.
Medlock could be an even bigger part of Arp’s 2016 plans. Leading rusher Jullian Herndon, a senior, graduates in May.
Arp will compete in a very strong District 9-3A Division II this upcoming season alongside Beckville, Elysian Fields, Harleton, Troup, Waskom and West Rusk. The University Interscholastic League unveiled the new alignment in February.
Like all high school football players currently in their junior year, Medlock will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him on February 1, 2017.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, Kansas, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, UTSA (8)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, North Texas, Syracuse (6)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, SMU, Tulane, ULL (5)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (4)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Houston, SMU, Texas State, ULL, UTSA (5)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, UTSA (9)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (9)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Ohio, SMU, Tulane, UTSA (5)