Louisiana-Lafayette Offers John Tyler’s Tre Allison + Dekalen Goodson
The Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns have been busy recruiting in East Texas the last several weeks, and two more area prospects were the recipients of offers on Thursday.
The John Tyler football program's official Twitter account announced that both linebacker Tre Allison and defensive end Dekalen Goodson were offered by ULL.
Allen committed to SMU on Jan. 22. In addition to ULL and SMU, Allison also holds an offer from Mississippi State.
Goodson holds offers from Mississippi State and Texas State in addition to today's announcement.
Allison (6-0, 200) helped his team go 11-2 in 2016, and reach the Class 6A Division II regional semifinals. Allison finished with a team-best 118 tackles with two sacks, three interceptions, two forced fumbles, and one recovery.
Goodson (6-2, 215) was one of the top defensive players in the region in 2016. He finished his junior year with 70 tackles (20 for loss), 11 sacks, a forced fumble and two recoveries.
ULL has now offered seven East Texas in the 2018 recruiting class. The Ragin' Cajuns also have offers out to Tyler Lee QB Chance Amie, Pleasant Grove linebacker Xavier Benson, Henderson QB Trae Hall, Harmony OL Conner Henson, and West Rusk LB Tyree Wilson.
The Ragin' Cajuns are members of the Sun Belt Conference and coached by Mark Hudspeth. ULL was 6-7 last year, falling to Southern Miss, 28-21, in the New Orleans Bowl.
Allison and Goodson, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers them in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from ULL, Mississippi State (3)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Colorado State, Iowa State, Syracuse, ULL, Virginia (7)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offer from ULL (1)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-2, 215 — offers from Mississippi State, Texas State, ULL (3)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offer from ULL (1)
- Conner Henson, Harmony, OL, 6-4, 250 — offer from ULL (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech (13)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Louisiana Tech, Nevada, North Texas (6)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (21)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (25)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — offer from ULL, Washington State (2)