North Texas Offers Texas High’s Tevailance Hunt
The fourth Division I FBS scholarship offer arrived Saturday for Texas High junior wide receiver Tevailance Hunt.
North Texas became the latest school to target the Tigers' playmaker, Hunt announced via Twitter.
Hunt (6-2, 180) also holds FBS invitations from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, and Louisiana Tech. He also has an FCS offer from Central Arkansas.
The Texas High receiver caught 36 passes for 701 yards and 10 touchdowns in 11 games as a junior. He helped guide his squad to a 10-0 regular season, but West Mesquite managed a fourth-seed upset in the first round of the Class 5A Division I state playoffs.
Hunt might be Texas High’s most valuable offensive player in 2017. Quarterback Cade Pearson is already enrolled at North Texas, fellow receiver Quan Hampton departs for Kansas in May and lead running back Devuntay Walker will join the Midwestern State program this summer.
On top of those losses, head coach Barry Norton left the Texas High program to become the new coach at Texarkana (Ark.) Arkansas High. His replacement will reportedly be Gerry Stanford, formerly of White Oak and Flower Mound Marcus, pending school board approval on Monday.
North Texas is certainly no stranger to recruiting the East Texas region. In addition to Pearson, UNT has signed 10 East Texans since 2013.
Seth Littrell just finished his first season as head coach in 2016, leading North Texas to a 5-8 record and the program's first bowl game appearance since 2014 and only the second since 2004.
Like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, Hunt will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State, Syracuse, ULL, Virginia (5)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offer from ULL (1)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offer from ULL (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Louisiana Tech, North Texas (4)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (21)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (25)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — offer from ULL (1)