PREVIEW: Texas High and Arkansas High Clash For Border Battle
Texas High Tigers (0-1)
Arkansas High Razorbacks (0-1)
8 p.m. Friday
Razorback Stadium, Texarkana
- Texas High: Gerry Stanford
- Arkansas High: Barry Norton
- Texas High: lost Dallas Bishop Lynch 24-7
- Arkansas High: lost Pleasant Grove 27-20
- Texas High: vs. Liberty-Eylau
- Arkansas High: vs. Camden Fairview (AR)
- WR Tevailance Hunt, Sr., 6-2, 180 (committed to TCU)
- QB Coltin Clack, Jr., 6-2, 220
- WR/DB Jaqualen Brown, Sr., 6-1, 170
- LB Davon Williams, Sr., 5-11, 216
- RB Chris Sutton, Jr., 5-8, 170
- DB Darrel Webster, Sr., 5-10, 165
- LB Chris Arnold, Sr., 5-11, 210
- QB Drake Browning, Jr., 5-9, 170
- RB/MLB Jordan Hall, Jr., 5-8, 197
- WR Irijah Price, Jr., 5-11, 181
- WR DeJordan Mask, Jr., 5-11, 164
Just the facts
- These teams have been going at it for more than 100 years. Friday marks the 102nd meeting between the two.
- Both teams will wear decals on their helmet to honor Leonard Parks, a Texas High defensive lineman who passed away Sunday in his sleep.
- Since 2007, Texas High has won eight games against the Razorbacks.
- The game in 2007 resulted in a 17-17 tie.
- Arkansas High last won in 2014 by a score of 20-14.
- Texas High scored first in its matchup with Dallas Bishop Lynch last week before allowing 24 unanswered points.
- Tiger quarterback Coltin Clack went 15-for-26 and had 176 yards, but also threw for three interceptions.
- Tevailance Hunt, a TCU commit, has six catches for 43 yards so far this season.
Key matchup: Coltin Clack against the Arkansas High defense. Texas High isn't going to win many games with its quarterback throwing three interceptions. He was facing a good team last week in Dallas Bishop Lynch. It will be interesting to see how the change in opponent affects his performance, if at all.
It's not like he doesn't have targets. Tevailance Hunt is as talented a receiver as there is and Jaqualen Brown is no slouch, either. It's a matter of making the right throws to get the ball in their hands.
On the other side, Arkansas High should be doing everything it can to put pressure on Clack. If it wants to win, getting him to make bad throws is a great way to accomplish that.
Don't be surprised if: Tevailance Hunt has a breakout game. He was pretty quiet in the season opener, perhaps due to Bishop Lynch's defense. But there is a lot pointing to Hunt having a big game on Friday.
For one, he is the type of player capable of going off at any moment. Two, it is a rivalry game, so the added motivation might cause him to show up big. Finally, Hunt is playing for a friend. Texarkana was rocked by tragedy Sunday when Leonard Parks died in his sleep. Several players, including Hunt, expressed their love for Parks through Twitter. In times of tragedy, it is common for a team to respond resiliently. That could be the case Saturday for both Texas High and Hunt.