Texas High Receiver Tevailance Hunt Commits To Kansas
Kansas seems to have the magic touch with Texas High receivers.
Tevailance Hunt committed to the Jayhawks program Saturday in favor of nine other FBS offers and is now expected to join former Texas High teammate and fellow receiver Quan Hampton on the collegiate level. Hunt, a junior, announced his verbal commitment through Twitter.
Hunt (6-2, 180) and Hampton, who signed a letter of intent with Kansas this past February, were two parts of a three-headed offensive monster last season. They were the two leading receivers on a Texas High team that finished the regular season with a 10-0 record ahead of a surprising first-round playoff loss at the Class 5A Division I level.
Quarterback Cade Pearson was the third part of the combination. He has since enrolled early at North Texas.
Hunt, who owns a second Big 12 Conference offer from Iowa State, caught 36 passes for 701 yards and hauled in 10 touchdowns. Hampton recorded 1,201 yards and 10 scores on 71 grabs prior to exhausting eligibility.
Kansas went 2-10 last season with a signature win at home against Texas in overtime under second-year coach David Beaty. The campaign was a two-win improvement compared to 2015.
Beaty was offered a contract extension after the year ended.
While the Jayhawks have not enjoyed even a five-win season since 2009, winning at a high level in Lawrence, Kan., has not been impossible. The 2007 team achieved an Orange Bowl win and went back to a bowl game the next year.
Kansas has been to 12 bowl games through its 126-year history.
Hunt will become eligible to sign with Kansas or any other school that offers him in February of 2017.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, ULL (5)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Central Florida, Colorado State, Houston, Iowa State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Tulane, ULL, Virginia (12)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offers from Army, Southern Miss, Tulane, ULL, ULM (5)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-2, 215 — offers from Houston, Mississippi State, Texas State, ULL (4)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offer from ULL (1)
- Conner Henson, Harmony, OL, 6-4, 250 — offer from ULL (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 340 — committed to LSU; additional offers from Arizona, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech (15)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — committed to Kansas; additional offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Louisiana Tech, Marshall University, Nevada, North Texas, Southern Miss, Tulsa (10)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Florida State, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, UTSA (26)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (27)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — committed to Washington State; additional offer from ULL (2)