ULL Offers Center WR Octavius Evans
The Ragin' Cajuns are making a name for themselves with East Texas' 2017 football recruiting class.
Louisiana-Lafayette extended a college football scholarship opportunity Friday to Center receiver Octavius Evans. He's the fourth local player to hear from the university, and the third in a seven-day span alongside Arp athlete Kayce Medlock and John Tyler cornerback Javontavius Mosley.
Evans (6-2, 186), who holds other offers from Louisiana Tech and Texas Tech, announced the news via his Twitter account.
The Ragin’ Cajuns, led by Mark Hudspeth, posted a 4-8 record in 2015 after four consecutive trips to the New Orleans Bowl.
ULL’s 2016 squad will feature former Carthage offensive lineman Adrian Goodacre as well as two new signees from the East Texas region in Newton linebacker Tanner Holmes and Jasper tight end Cody Mitchell.
Evans played a big role in Center's run toward a Class 4A Division I third-round playoff appearance and 10-3 overall record last season. He caught 76 passes for 1,016 yards and nine touchdowns.
The receiver was one of nine players in the area to catch for at least 1,000 yards last season and one of just five underclassmen.
Evans, like all high school football players currently in their junior year, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February, 2017.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, SMU (3)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Kansas (2)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Kansas, SMU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (7)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Texas Tech, ULL (3)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 -- offer from Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Houston, SMU, Texas State, ULL, UTSA (5)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Bowling Green, New Mexico, SMU, Texas State, ULL (5)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (6)