Arkansas Offers Carthage’s Keaontay Ingram
Carthage junior running back Keaontay Ingram has established himself as one of the state's most elite recruits in the 2018 class.
He received his seventh Division I FBS scholarship offer on Sunday, tweeting news of an opportunity from Arkansas.
Ingram (6-0, 198) also holds offers from Baylor, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and TCU, along with an FCS offer from Stephen F. Austin. His seven FBS offers are tied with Marshall's Chasen Hines and Arp's DeMarvion Overshown for the most among East Texans in the 2018 class.
The Bulldogs running back is the first junior from the area to be targeted by Arkansas.
Ingram set the school’s record for rushing yards by a junior last season by running for 2,225 yards and 31 touchdowns in 15 games. His 180-yard, two-touchdown performance propelled Carthage to a 31-17 win over Abilene Wylie in the 4A Division I title game, in which he was named Offensive MVP.
The talented runner was also instrumental in the passing game for Carthage. Ingram finished the year third on the team in receptions and yards with 46 catches for 475 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Arkansas, which is coached by Bret Bielema, was 7-6 overall and 3-5 in the SEC in 2016. The Razorbacks fell to Virginia Tech, 35-24, in the Belk Bowl on Dec. 29.
In four seasons at Arkansas, Bielema has posted a record of 25-26, and just 10-22 in SEC play.
Ingram, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offer from Bowling Green (1)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas, TCU (7)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, TCU (7)
- Demarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 —offers from Kansas, SMU, Southern Miss, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, UTSA (7)