Carthage’s Keaontay Ingram Offered By Notre Dame
Carthage junior running back Keaontay Ingram has more than a full year before he has to make up his mind on which college to attend. He'll likely have dozens of options.
Notre Dame became the 10th Division I FBS program to target Ingram (6-0, 198), he announced via Twitter on Tuesday evening.
Ingram also holds offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and TCU.
Notre Dame made Ingram its first target in East Texas' 2018 recruiting class.
The Fighting Irish are one of college football's most decorated programs. Notre Dame has combined for 13 national championships, seven Heisman Trophy winners, and its 896 career wins are second-most in FBS history.
Notre Dame is coached by Brian Kelly, who is 59-31 in seven seasons with the Irish. Notre Dame is coming off a 4-8 season in 2016, its worst since 2007.
Ingram set the school’s record for rushing yards by a junior last season by running for 2,225 yards and 31 touchdowns in 15 games. His 180-yard, two-touchdown performance propelled Carthage to a 31-17 win over Abilene Wylie in the 4A Division I title game, in which he was named Offensive MVP.
The talented runner was also instrumental in the passing game for Carthage. Ingram finished the year third on the team in receptions and yards with 46 catches for 475 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Ingram, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State (2)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, TCU (10)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 —offers from Kansas, SMU, Southern Miss, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, UTSA (7)